High-skilled professionals who have received a job offer in Yukon may qualify for permanent residence in Canada under the Skilled Worker Stream of the territorial program.
The Skilled Worker Stream of the Yukon Nominee Program (YNP) is intended for skilled specialists who have a job offer from an employer in the territory.
To apply for participation in the Skilled Worker Stream, the applicant needs to meet the following requirements:
- Have a job offer in Yukon for an occupation categorized as NOC skill levels 0, A or B. Employers need to provide a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) in order to prove that they could not find a candidate among permanent residents and citizens of Canada
- Have at least one year of related work experience
- Have a minimum of high school education
- Provide an Educational Credential Assessment report
- Provide language test results: for workers in occupations categorized as NOC skill levels 0 and A — CELPIP 7.0 or IELTS 6.0 for English or TEF 4.0 for French, for workers in occupations categorized as NOC skill level B — CELPIP 5.0 or IELTS 5.0 for English or TEF 3.0 for French
- For those who are currently in Canada: provide a notarized copy of a valid temporary work permit
- For those who are in Canada on a student permit: provide proof of one year of study for certificate programs or two years of study for diploma programs or completion of a Bachelor program
Find out about other YNP streams in the article “Immigration to Yukon“.