The Skilled Worker Stream of the Yukon Nominee Program (YNP) is intended for skilled specialists who have a job offer from an employer in the territory.
To apply for participation in the Skilled Worker Stream, the applicant needs to meet the following requirements:
- Have a job offer in Yukon for an occupation categorized as NOC skill levels 0, A or B. Employers need to provide a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) in order to prove that they could not find a candidate among permanent residents and citizens of Canada
- Have at least one year of related work experience
- Have a minimum of high school education
- Provide an Educational Credential Assessment report
- Provide language test results: for workers in occupations categorized as NOC skill levels 0 and A — CELPIP 7.0 or IELTS 6.0 for English or TEF 4.0 for French, for workers in occupations categorized as NOC skill level B — CELPIP 5.0 or IELTS 5.0 for English or TEF 3.0 for French
- For those who are currently in Canada: provide a notarized copy of a valid temporary work permit
- For those who are in Canada on a student permit: provide proof of one year of study for certificate programs or two years of study for diploma programs or completion of a Bachelor program
Find out about other YNP streams in the article “Immigration to Yukon“.