International Graduates is a stream of the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP) intended for graduates of local universities who are currently working in the province.
Foreigners who have graduated from Prince Edward Island post-secondary institutions and are currently working in the province can apply for permanent residence through the PEI PNP International Graduates Stream. This stream allows employers to hire high-skilled workers for positions that are hard to fill in the local labour market.
To be able to immigrate through this stream, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have a long-term (minimum of two years) job offer in Prince Edward Island in occupations in NOC levels 0, A or B
- Have a minimum of 6 months of full-time work experience for the Prince Edward Island employer. The job should be related to the field of study
- Have a valid post-graduate work permit
- Live in Canada legally
- Have completed at least a two-year academic program in a public post-secondary institution in Prince Edward Island, hold a degree or diploma
- Be between 18 and 59 years old
- Have sufficient English or French language capability to perform the employment duties
- Be able to support themselves and dependent family members
- Demonstrate the intention and ability to settle in the province
Find out about other PEI PNP streams in the article “Immigration to Prince Edward Island“.