Foreigners who have graduated from Prince Edward Island post-secondary institutions and are currently working in the province can apply for permanent residence through the PEI PNP International Graduates Stream. This stream allows employers to hire high-skilled workers for positions that are hard to fill in the local labour market.
To be able to immigrate through this stream, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have a long-term (minimum of two years) job offer in Prince Edward Island in occupations in NOC levels 0, A or B
- Have a minimum of 6 months of full-time work experience for the Prince Edward Island employer. The job should be related to the field of study
- Have a valid post-graduate work permit
- Live in Canada legally
- Have completed at least a two-year academic program in a public post-secondary institution in Prince Edward Island, hold a degree or diploma
- Be between 18 and 59 years old
- Have sufficient English or French language capability to perform the employment duties
- Be able to support themselves and dependent family members
- Demonstrate the intention and ability to settle in the province
Find out about other PEI PNP streams in the article “Immigration to Prince Edward Island“.