The Ontario provincial program’s Foreign Work Stream helps skilled foreign workers who have received a job offer in Ontario to get permanent residence in Canada.
The Foreign Worker Stream has been created for intermediate and high-skilled workers who have received a job offer in Ontario.
To be able to immigrate through this stream, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Work in NOC occupation level 0, A or B
- Have a full-time job offer (a minimum of 30 hours per week) from an Ontario employer
- Have a wage offer that meets or is higher than the median wage level for that occupation in Ontario
- Have work experience of at least 2 years in the last 5 years in the same occupation
- Have a licence or other required authorization for the job
- Show ties to Ontario (working, having a job offer, studying, volunteering, renting or owning property, visiting the province, having colleagues, relatives or friends in Ontario)
- Pay the C$1,500 processing fee (C$2,000 if the job is offered in the Great Toronto Area)
Find out about other ОINP streams in the article “Immigration to Ontario“.