The Skilled Workers Stream offers permanent residence in Canada to high-skilled specialists who have a job offer and work experience of at least one year in the Northwest Territories.
To be able to apply for immigration under this stream, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have a job offer in the Northwest Territories in occupations categorized as NOC skill levels 0, A or B. Employers need to provide a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) in order to prove that they could not find a candidate among permanent residents and citizens of Canada
- Have worked for at least 1 year in this occupation in the Northwest Territories with the same employer on a temporary work permit
- Have education credentials relevant to the occupation. The applicant should provide an Educational Credential Assessment report
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of 6 or higher for English or French in all four language abilities (reading, speaking, listening, writing) — for those working in occupations categorized as NOC skill levels 0, A; or of 5 — for those working in occupations of NOC skill level B. The eligible tests include IELTS and CELPIP for English and TEF for French
- Provide documents translated into English or French: a passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, birth certificates and passports for dependent family members
Find out about other NTNP streams in the article “Immigration to the Northwest Territories“.