Foreigners who are currently working in Prince Edward Island can apply for permanent residence under the PEI PNP Critical Workers Stream. This stream allows employers to hire low-skilled workers for positions that are hard to fill in the local labour market.
To be able to immigrate through this stream, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have a long-term (minimum of two years) job offer in Prince Edward Island in occupations in NOC levels C or D
- Have a minimum of 2 years of full-time work experience or relevant education in the past 5 years
- Have a minimum of 6 months of full-time work experience for the Prince Edward Island employer
- Have a valid work permit
- Live in Canada legally
- Have completed at least a secondary education
- Be between 18 and 59 years old
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of 4 or higher for English or French in all four language abilities (reading, speaking, listening, writing)
- Be able to support themselves and dependent family members
- Demonstrate the intention and ability to settle in the province
Find out about other PEI PNP streams in the article “Immigration to Prince Edward Island“.