The Occupations in Demand Stream is focused on specific, intermediate-level (NOC level C) occupations that are in high demand in the labour market in Nova Scotia.
The Office of Immigration selects occupations in demand based on labour market information that is subject to change.
To be able to immigrate through the Occupations in Demand Stream, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have a full-time permanent job offer from a Nova Scotia employer in NOC 3413 (nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates) or NOC 7511 (transport truck drivers)
- Have at least one-year job-related work experience
- Be in the age bracket of 21 to 55
- Have completed at least a secondary education
- Have training, skills or accreditation do to the job
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of 4 or higher for English or French
- Show enough financial resources to successfully settle in Nova Scotia
Find out about other NSNP streams in the article “Immigration to Nova Scotia“.