One of the many ways to immigrate to Canada is to participate in the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program.
Applicants who have failed to score enough points required for immigration to Canada under a federal program can try to relocate to the country under one of 11 Provincial Nominee Programs which offer a lot of attractive options to a wide range of professionals. Provincial programs are also pathways for those who wish to immigrate to a specific province or territory.
One of such programs is effective in Prince Edward Island and is called “Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program” (PEI PNP). It includes several streams.
For Skilled Workers
- Critical Workers (for foreigners who are currently working with a Prince Edward Island employer in occupations of NOC levels C or D)
- International Graduates (for applicants who have graduated from an accredited post-secondary institution in Prince Edward Island and are currently working in the province)
- PEI Express Entry (for skilled workers who are registered in the Express Entry system and received an invitation to apply for permanent residence under the PEI PNP)
- Skilled Workers in PEI (for skilled professionals who are currently working with a Prince Edward Island employer)
- Skilled Workers Outside Canada (for skilled workers outside Canada who have received a job offer from a provincial employer)
- Work Permit (for foreign citizens with business management or business ownership experience who would like to move to Prince Edward Island on a temporary basis to start a business and eventually become permanent residents)
By choosing one of these streams you can get a provincial nomination followed by permanent residence in Canada and — after three years of permanent residence — become a citizen of the country.
Prince Edward Island is a province in eastern Canada, one of the Atlantic provinces. It is sometimes called the “birthplace of Canada” because of the Charlottetown Conference, which led to the formation of the country. Prince Edward Island is famous for its lush farmland and beautiful coastline. It is also a region with a developing economy based on agriculture, fishing, and tourism.