One of the many ways to immigrate to Canada is to participate in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.
Applicants who have failed to score enough points required for immigration to Canada under a federal program can try to relocate to the country under one of 11 Provincial Nominee Programs which offer a lot of attractive options to a wide range of professionals. Provincial programs are also pathways for those who wish to immigrate to a specific province or territory.
One of such programs is effective in Ontario and is called “Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program” (OINP). It includes several pathways and streams.
Employer Job Offer
This pathway includes streams for those who have a job offer in Ontario:
- Foreign Worker (for skilled workers)
- International Student (for graduates of Canadian post-secondary institutions)
- In-Demand Skills (for workers in in-demand occupations)
Regional Immigration Pilot
Ontario Regional Immigration Pilot is a recently announced immigration pilot program for skilled workers who want to immigrate to small communities in Ontario. The pilot program is expected to launch in 2020.
Human Capital — International Graduates
This pathway includes streams for graduates:
- Masters Graduate (for those who have completed a master’s program in Canadian post-secondary institution)
- PhD Graduate (for those who obtained a doctorate degree in Canada)
Human Capital — Ontario’s Express Entry
This pathway includes streams for those who have received an invitation to apply within the Express Entry system:
- French-Speaking Skilled Worker (for skilled francophone workers)
- Human Capital Priorities (for skilled workers holding a bachelor’s degree or higher)
- Skilled Trades (for those working in specific trades)
This pathway includes streams for corporate representatives and entrepreneurs:
- Corporate (for international corporations)
- Entrepreneur (for entrepreneurs wishing to start or purchase a business in Ontario)
Ontario is one of the most attractive Canadian provinces for immigration purposes. It is home to Toronto, the country’s largest city and the economic engine of Canada. It is easier to find a well-paying job here, as well as establish contacts thanks to the presence of numerous diasporas. The province borders the US states and shares the pride of both countries — Niagara Falls — with the New York state.