Work Permit is a stream of the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP) intended for foreign citizens with business management or business ownership experience who would like to move to Prince Edward Island, start a business and eventually become permanent residents.
Foreigners with entrepreneurial experience, sufficient capital and a willingness to participate in business management in Prince Edward Island can immigrate to this province through the PEI PNP Work Permit Stream.
To be able to immigrate through this stream, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- have at least C$600,000 of net worth
- Have a minimum of high school education
- Be between 21 and 59 years old
- Have management skills and past employment or business ownership experience
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of 4 or higher
- Demonstrate an intention to settle in PEI and actively manage a business there
- Attend an interview with staff from the Office of Immigration
After the approval of the initial application (Expression of Interest), the applicant needs to pay the C$10,000 processing fee.
Find out about other PEI PNP streams in the article “Immigration to Prince Edward Island“.