Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP)
One of the many ways to immigrate to Canada is to participate in the Nova Scotia Nominee Program.
Applicants who have failed to score enough points required for immigration to Canada under a federal program can try to relocate to the country under one of 11 Provincial Nominee Programs which offer a lot of attractive options to a wide range of professionals. Provincial programs are also pathways for those who wish to immigrate to a specific province or territory.
One of such programs is effective in Nova Scotia and is called “Nova Scotia Nominee Program” (NSNP). It includes several streams.
For Skilled Workers
- Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry (for high-skilled candidates who have worked in Nova Scotia for at least 1 year)
- Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry (for high-skilled professionals working in in-demand occupations in Nova Scotia and willing to live in this province permanently)
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities (for those who have received a Letter of Interest from NSNP representatives)
- Physician (for physicians)
- Skilled Worker (for candidates who have received a job offer from an employer in Nova Scotia)
- Occupations in Demand (for candidates who have intermediate-level in-demand occupations)
- Entrepreneur (for individuals who want to start or purchase a business and live permanently in Nova Scotia)
- International Graduate Entrepreneur (for graduates who have completed at least a two-year program at a recognized university or college in Nova Scotia, have run their own business in Nova Scotia for at least one year and intend to live permanently in the province)
By choosing one of these streams you can get permanent residence in Canada and — after three years of permanent residence — become a citizen of the country.
The province includes the peninsula of Nova Scotia, Cape Breton Island and more than 3 thousand small islands. The capital of the province, Halifax, is a city with a high standard of living, a major center of culture and art. Nova Scotia is closely associated with the sea and is famous for its coastal beauty and exquisite cuisine.