The Skilled Worker Stream of the Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program has been created for skilled workers who have at least one-year work experience and who have received a job offer from one of the provincial employers.
To be able to immigrate through the Skilled Worker Stream, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Find a job or get a job offer for a minimum of 2 years from an employer established in the province
- Have skills and qualifications required for the job
- Be between 21 and 59 years old
- Have a work permit (Post-Graduate Work Permit is not eligible)
- Demonstrate the intention and ability to settle in the province
- Have sufficient funds to settle in the province
- Have English or French language capability to perform employment duties. Those applying under National Occupational Classification (NOC) levels C and D should provide one of the language test results: IELTS (Listening: 4.5; Reading: 3.5; Writing: 4.0; Speaking: 4.0), CELPIP (a minimum of 4 points in all language abilities) or TEF (Listening: 145, Reading: 121, Writing: 181, Speaking: 181)
Find out about other NLPNP streams in the article “Immigration to Newfoundland and Labrador“.