Skilled Workers Outside Canada is a stream of the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP) intended for skilled workers outside Canada who have received a job offer from a provincial employer.
Skilled workers who have received a job offer from a Prince Edward Island employer, can apply for permanent residence through the PEI PNP Skilled Workers Outside Canada Stream. This stream allows employers to hire high-skilled workers for positions that are hard to fill in the local labour market.
To be able to immigrate through this stream, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have a long-term (minimum of two years) job offer in Prince Edward Island in occupations categorized as NOC skill levels 0, A or B
- Have completed at least a two-year academic program in a post-secondary institution, hold a degree or diploma
- Be between 18 and 59 years old
- Have a minimum of 2 years of work experience in the past 5 years
- Have sufficient English or French language capability to perform the employment duties. It is required to provide language test results with a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of 4 or higher for English or French or signed by the employer PEI PNP-L06 Employer Language Declaration or documents from an internationally recognized institution indicating that the principal language of instruction was English or French
- Be able to support themselves and dependent family members
- Demonstrate the intention and ability to settle in the province
Find out about other PEI PNP streams in the article “Immigration to Prince Edward Island“.