The Entrepreneur Stream of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) offers permanent residency in Canada to entrepreneurs wishing to purchase a business or become an active managing partner in Saskatchewan business.
The immigration process under this stream consists of three stages:
- Submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI) to participate in the SINP
- EOI selection and invitation to apply
- Getting a nomination from the province
To be able to immigrate through this stream, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Score enough points on the Points Grid
- Have at least C$500,000 in net business and personal assets
- Intend to invest at least C$300,000 in a business in Regina or Saskatoon or at least C$200,000 in a business in other Saskatchewan locations
- Have business management or entrepreneurship experience of at least 3 years in the past 10 years
- Provide a Business Establishment Plan, which should meet the following criteria:
— Ownership of at least 33.33% of the equity of a business in Saskatchewan, unless the total investment is C$1 million or higher
— Creation of at least 2 jobs for permanent residents or citizens of Canada
Find out about other SINP streams in the article “Immigration to Saskatchewan“.