The Critical Impact Worker Stream of the Yukon Nominee Program (YNP) is intended for Intermediate and low-skilled workers who have received a job offer in the territory.
To apply for participation in this stream, the applicant needs to meet the following requirements:
- Have a job offer in Yukon for an occupation categorized as NOC skill levels C or D. Employers need to provide a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) in order to prove that they could not find a candidate among permanent residents and citizens of Canada
- Have at least 6 years of related work experience
- Have a minimum of high school education. If higher education is required for the job, the applicant should submit a diploma, certificate or degree
- Provide language test results: CELPIP 4.0 or IELTS 4.0 for English or TEF 3.0 for French
- For those who are currently in Canada: provide a notarized copy of a valid temporary work permit
- For those who are in Canada on a student permit: provide proof of one year of study for certificate programs or two years of study for diploma programs or completion of a Bachelor program
Find out about other YNP streams in the article “Immigration to Yukon“.