High-net-worth individuals who wish to invest in the economy of Quebec and settle there may get permanent residence through the Investor Program.
To be eligible under the Quebec Investor Program, the applicant must:
- Intend to settle in Quebec
- Have at least C$2 million of net worth. Amounts received by donation less than 6 months prior to the application are excluded
- Have management experience of at least 2 years in the past 5 years (such as planning, management, and control of financial, human or material resources, excluding the experience gained in an apprenticeship, training or specialization leading to a diploma)
- Sign an investment agreement with a financial intermediary authorized to participate in the Investor Program
- Invest at least C$1.2 million for the period of 5 years with Investissement Quebec — Immigrants Investisseurs Inc. After 5 years, the investor will receive this amount without interest.
The candidate is also assessed on other criteria, such as age, education, English and French skills, as well as ties to the province (visiting Quebec or having relatives in the province).
To show proficiency in French, applicants must submit language test results (TEFAQ, TCF, TCF-Québec, TEF or TEF Canada) or diplomas (DELF or DALF). The minimum threshold from which the points are awarded is 7 of the Échelle québécoise des niveaux de compétence. This corresponds to the Level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
To demonstrate proficiency in English, the applicant must provide IELTS results. The minimum threshold is Level 5 of the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB).
Find out about other business immigration options in the article “Business Immigration”.