The Express Entry Stream for Skilled Workers of the Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP) offers permanent residence in Canada to high-skilled specialists. The applicant must meet the conditions of the Skilled Workers Stream and one of the federal programs functioning within the Express Entry system.
To be able to apply for immigration under this stream, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry system, get an Express Entry Profile Number and a Job Seeker Validation Code
- Meet the criteria of one of the federal immigration programs: Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Trades Program or Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Have a job offer in the Northwest Territories in occupations categorized as NOC skill levels 0, A or B. Employers need to provide a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) in order to prove that they could not find a candidate among permanent residents and citizens of Canada
- Have worked for at least 1 year full-time in this occupation in the Northwest Territories on a work permit
- Have education credentials relevant to the occupation. The applicant should provide an Educational Credential Assessment report
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of 6 or higher for English or French in all four language abilities (reading, speaking, listening, writing) — for those working in occupations categorized as NOC skill levels 0, A; or of 5 — for those working in occupations of NOC skill level B. The eligible tests include IELTS and CELPIP for English and TEF for French
- Provide documents translated into English or French: a passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, birth certificates and passports for dependent family members
Find out about other NTNP streams in the article “Immigration to the Northwest Territories“.