The International Education — International Student Entrepreneur Pilot of the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) offers permanent-resident status to graduates who are planning to do business in the province.
Under the International Student Entrepreneur Pilot, MPNP representatives select up to 20 foreigners per year. To get permanent residence in Manitoba, the candidates must graduate from local universities and express a willingness to do business in the province.
Before applying, candidates must attend an information session.
To immigrate through the International Education — International Student Entrepreneur Pilot, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have completed at least a two-year program in Manitoba post-secondary institution
- Be between 21 and 35 years of age
- Provide a business plan
- Operate the business as a senior manager on a daily basis in Manitoba for at least 6 months with a valid temporary work permit
- Own at least 51% of the business
- Demonstrate English or French language proficiency at Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7
- Have a valid open work permit or post-graduation work permit (PGWP)
- Show the ability to support oneself and dependent family members
- Have continuously resided in Manitoba since graduation
- Show the intent to continue to reside and work in Manitoba after the nomination
Find out about other MPNP streams in the article “Immigration to Manitoba“.