Skilled workers or graduates of Canadian post-secondary institutions who have obtained a job offer can immigrate to Canada through the provincial program within the Express Entry system.
The Express Entry Skilled Worker Stream of the Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program offers permanent residence in Canada to foreigners with a job offer in the province and work experience of at least one year.
To be able to immigrate through the Express Entry Skilled Worker Stream, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have an active profile in the Express Entry system, provide an Express Entry Profile Number and a four-digit job seeker validation code
- Have a two-year high-skilled job offer from an employer established in Newfoundland and Labrador. The employer must prove the impossibility to find a job candidate among the permanent residents and citizens of Canada
- Score at least 67 out of 100 points in the assessment table
- Have a valid work permit
- Have graduated from a post-secondary institution in Canada or another country. An Educational Credential Assessment is required for graduates of non-Canadian universities and colleges
- Provide language test results (IELTS or CELPIP for English or TEF for French) with a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of 5
- Have full-time work experience of at least one year in the last 10 years (minimum 30 hours per week) in NOC occupation levels 0, A or B
- Be able to support themselves and dependent family members
- Demonstrate the intention and ability to live and work permanently in the province
Find out about other NLPNP streams in the article “Immigration to Newfoundland and Labrador“.