The Entrepreneur Stream of the Nova Scotia Provincial Program (NSNP) offers permanent residency in Canada to people who are willing to invest at least C$150,000 in a new or existing business.
To be able to immigrate through the Entrepreneur Stream, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Intend to live permanently in Nova Scotia, as well as own and actively manage a business in the province
- Have a net worth of at least C$600,000
- Be ready to invest at least C$150,000 in Nova Scotia business that is useful for the provincial economy and makes a profit by selling goods or services
- Have at least 3 years of experience as an active managing business owner or more than 5 years of experience as a senior business manager
- Own at least 33,33% of business capital
- Have a score of at least 5 on the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) in English or French (= IELTS Listening 5.0, Reading 4.0, Writing 5.0, Speaking 5.0)
- Provide a business plan and be able to demonstrate a deep knowledge of this plan
- Complete an online Expression of Interest
- Receive an Invitation to Apply from the NSNP representatives
Find out about other NSNP streams in the article “Immigration to Nova Scotia“.