The growing economy of British Columbia needs skilled workers in in-demand occupations. The Express Entry BC — Skilled Worker category is a fast way to get permanent residence in that province.
To be able to apply under the Express Entry BC — Skilled Worker category, the applicant should:
- Have received an Express Entry Profile Number and a Job Seeker Validation Code from the IRCC Express Entry system. It will prove the ability to meet the minimum criteria for one of the federal immigration programs: Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, Canadian Experience Class
- Have received a full-time, indeterminate job offer for an occupation in a National Occupational Classification (NOC) levels 0, A or B
- Qualify to work in an offered job
- Have at least 2 years of directly related full-time work experience
- Have been offered a wage no lower than wage rates for similar occupations in British Columbia
- Show the ability to support oneself and dependent family members
- Provide language test results (the minimum level depends on the federal program under which the candidate is eligible)
Find out about other BCINP streams in the article “Immigration to British Columbia”.