The International Graduate Stream offers permanent residency in Newfoundland and Labrador to Canadian institutions’ graduates who have job offers in the province.
To be able to immigrate through the International Graduate Stream, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have completed at least a two-year academic program in a public post-secondary institution in Canada
- Have a full-time job offer for at least 2 years from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer. The job should be related to the field of study (except graduates of the Memorial University and College of the North Atlantic with an in-demand occupation corresponding to the NOC levels 0, A, B or C)
- Have sufficient skills and qualifications required for the job
- Be between 21 and 59 years old
- Have a Post-Graduate Work Permit
- Demonstrate the intention and ability to settle in the province
- Have sufficient funds to settle in the province
- Have English or French language capability to perform employment duties. Those applying under NOC levels C and D should provide one of the language test results: IELTS (Listening: 4.5; Reading: 3.5; Writing: 4.0; Speaking: 4.0), CELPIP (a minimum of 4 points in all language abilities) or TEF (Listening: 145, Reading: 121, Writing: 181, Speaking: 181)
- For those who have graduated from a university or college outside Newfoundland and Labrador: have worked at least a year in the province before applying under this stream
Find out about other NLPNP streams in the article “Immigration to Newfoundland and Labrador“.