The Business Investor — Entrepreneur pathway of the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) allows the province to attract businessmen who are willing to invest in a new or existing business and play an active management role.
To immigrate through the Business Investor — Entrepreneur category, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum of 3 years of full-time work experience in the past 5 years as an active business owner with the share of at least 33.33% in the business or as a senior manager (business owners are given higher points)
- Invest a minimum of C$250,000 in a business located in the Manitoba Capital Region (Winnipeg and surrounding municipalities) or a minimum of C$150,000 in a business located in other regions
- Create or maintain at least 1 job for a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident (excluding business owners and their close relatives)
- Have at least C$500,000 of net worth
- Provide a business plan
- Demonstrate English or French language proficiency at Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 5
- Have a minimum Canadian high school certificate equivalent
The applicant receives additional points, which can increase his chances of immigration if:
- The applicant is aged between 25 and 49
- The applicant’s spouse has CLB level 5 or higher
- The applicant or his spouse or common-law partner have a close relative living in Manitoba for more than 1 year
- The applicant’s child is enrolled in a Manitoba educational institution and has studied there on a full-time basis for at least 6 months
- The applicant or his spouse or common-law partner has work or education experience in Manitoba
Find out about other MPNP streams in the article “Immigration to Manitoba“.