Professionals who speak French and have at least one-year work experience can immigrate to Ontario through the provincial program’s stream for French-speaking skilled workers.
The French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) offers permanent residence status in Canada to Francophones who have at least one year of work experience, speak French as well as English, and also hold at least a bachelor’s degree.
To be able to immigrate through this stream, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have an active Express Entry profile and receive a Notification of Interest from OINP representatives
- Meet the requirements of one of the federal immigration programs — Federal Skilled Worker Program or Canadian Experience Class
- Have a minimum of 1 year of full-time work experience in the last 5 years in the applicant’s primary occupation in NOC levels 0, A or B (for those who have chosen the Federal Skilled Worker Program) or in the last 3 years in Canada (for those who have chosen the Canadian Experience Class)
- Hold a Canadian bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degree or its equivalent in another country. Those who completed their studies outside of Canada, need to get an Educational Credential Assessment report
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of 7 or higher for French and 6 for English in all four language abilities (reading, speaking, listening, writing) and provide language test results (TEF or TCF for French and IELTS or CELPIP for English)
- Show ties to Ontario (working, having a job offer, studying, volunteering, renting or owning property, visiting the province, having colleagues, relatives or friends in Ontario)
- Be able to support themselves and dependent family members (have savings, get salary in Ontario or have a job offer in Ontario)
- Score at least 67 points in the assessment table (education, language abilities, age, work experience in Canada, and other factors) — for those who have chosen the Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Pay the C$1,500 processing fee
Find out about other ОINP streams in the article “Immigration to Ontario“.