Saskatchewan Experience — Health Professionals Category

HealthcareHealth care specialists who have worked for at least 6 months in Saskatchewan can immigrate to Canada through the provincial program’s stream for health professionals.

The Health Professionals category of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) offers permanent residency in Canada to people who have the necessary certificates and licences to work as health professionals and who have work experience of at least 6 months in the province.

This category is intended for medical workers who: 

  • Worked full time in Saskatchewan for at least 6 months with a temporary work permit as a doctor, nurse or other health care professional
  • Have a valid work permit issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
  • Have a full-time job offer from the Saskatchewan Regional Health Authority, Saskatchewan Cancer Agency or other health care organizations. The health care job should correspond to NOC levels 0, A, B or C 
  • Received a SINP Job Approval Letter
  • Those working in occupations categorized as the NOC skill level C should have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of 4 or higher

Those who do not work in Saskatchewan need to contact one of the organizations below to find out what education, exams or certificates they will need to work in this province: 

  • Doctors: College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan (CoPSS)
  • Nurses: Saskatchewan Association of Licensed Practical Nurses (SALPN), Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan (RPNAS) or Saskatchewan Registered Nurses’ Association (SRNA)
  • Other health care workers: see the list of organizations

Find out about other SINP streams in the article “Immigration to Saskatchewan“.