British Columbia needs a great number of health care professionals. The Health Care Professional category of the British Columbia Immigrant Nominee Program (BCINP) helps doctors, nurses, and other health care workers to get permanent residency in that province.
You can find a health care job in British Columbia through the free service Health Match BC.
To be able to immigrate under Express Entry BC — Health Care Professional category, the applicant should:
- Have received an Express Entry Profile Number and a Job Seeker Validation Code from the IRCC Express Entry system. It will prove the ability to meet the minimum criteria for one of the federal immigration programs: Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, Canadian Experience Class
- Have a full-time, indeterminate job offer in one of the eligible occupations (see the details in the section “Categories and Occupations of Applicants”)
- Qualify to work in an offered job
- Have at least 2 years of directly related full-time work experience
- Have been offered a wage no lower than wage rates for similar occupations in British Columbia
- Show the ability to support oneself and dependent family members
- Provide language test results (the minimum level depends on the federal program under which the candidate is eligible)
Categories and Occupations of Applicants
Only professionals working in certain occupations may apply under Express Entry BC — Health Care Professional category:
- Clinical pharmacist
- Diagnostic medical sonographer
- Medical laboratory technologist
- Medical radiation technologist
- Midwife (must have a letter of confirmation from an established practice group in British Columbia confirming the acceptance into the group for at least 6 months)
- Nurse practitioner
- Occupational therapist
- Registered nurse
- Registered psychiatric nurse
Find out about other BCINP streams in the article “Immigration to British Columbia”.