People who have worked for at least 6 months in Saskatchewan in the catering or cleaning sectors can immigrate to Canada through the provincial program’s category for hospitality workers.
The Hospitality Sector Project category of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) offers permanent residency in Canada to those who have work experience of at least 6 months in Saskatchewan’s hospitality sector.
Categories and Occupations of Applicants
This category is intended for workers in the following occupations (NOC codes are indicated in the brackets):
- Food and beverage servers (6513)
- Food counter attendants and kitchen helpers (6711)
- Housekeeping and cleaning staff (6731)
To be able to participate in the Saskatchewan program’s Hospitality Sector Project, the applicant must:
- Be currently working in Saskatchewan with a temporary work permit
- Have been working with an approved employer for a minimum of 6 months (960 hours)
- Have a work permit for one of the above-mentioned occupations
- Have a minimum of high school education
- Have a permanent full-time job offer from an approved Saskatchewan employer
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of 4 or higher
- Receive a SINP Job Approval Letter
Find out about other SINP streams in the article “Immigration to Saskatchewan“.