Skilled Workers in PEI is a stream of the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP) intended for those who are currently working in the province.
Foreigners who work in Prince Edward Island can apply for permanent residence through the PEI PNP Skilled Workers in PEI Stream. This stream allows employers to hire high-skilled workers for positions that are hard to fill in the local labour market.
To be able to immigrate through this stream, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have a long-term (minimum of two years) job offer in Prince Edward Island in occupations categorized as NOC skill levels 0, A or B
- Have a valid work permit
- Have completed at least a two-year academic program in a post-secondary institution, hold a degree or diploma
- Be between 18 and 59 years old
- Have a minimum of 2 years of work experience in the past 5 years
- Have sufficient English or French language capability to perform the employment duties. It is required to provide language test results with a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of 4 or higher for English or French or signed by the employer PEI PNP-L06 Employer Language Declaration or documents from an internationally recognized institution indicating that the principal language of instruction was English or French
- Be able to support themselves and dependent family members
- Demonstrate the intention and ability to settle in the province
Find out about other PEI PNP streams in the article “Immigration to Prince Edward Island“.