The Students category of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) offers permanent residency in Canada to graduates of Canadian universities who have worked for at least 6 months in the province as high-skilled specialists or workers in in-demand occupations.
To be able to immigrate through this category, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have graduated from a post-secondary institution in Canada and obtained a certificate, diploma or degree. If the applicant has graduated from a Canadian university outside Saskatchewan, the academic program is required to be at least 8 months long
- Have a valid post-graduation work permit (PGWP)
- Have work experience of at least 6 months of paid employment in Saskatchewan (it can be on-campus or off-campus jobs, Co-op terms, graduate fellowships jobs or work experience gained on a PGWP). If the applicant has graduated outside Saskatchewan, only work experience gained on a PGWP is eligible, and the position should be related to the applicant’s field of study
- Have a full-time job offer in Saskatchewan in an occupation related to the applicant’s field of study. The occupation should be categorized as NOC skill levels 0, A or B or be on the list of designated trades
- Receive a SINP Job Approval Letter
- For workers in occupations categorized as NOC skill level C: have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of 4 or higher to prove English skills
Find out about other SINP streams in the article “Immigration to Saskatchewan“.