Graduates who have completed a master’s or a doctorate degree in health care, agriculture, natural and other sciences at a British Columbia university may immigrate to Canada through a provincial program for post-graduates.
The Skills Immigration — International Post-Graduate category of the British Columbia Immigrant Nominee Program (BCINP) allows graduates with master’s and doctorate degrees to get permanent residence in Canada.
The advantage of this category is that candidates do not need to have work experience and a job offer. The main requirement is to obtain a master’s or a doctorate degree in the province of British Columbia over the past 3 years in one of the areas:
- Biological and biomedical sciences
- Computer and information sciences and support services
- Engineering technology
- Health professions and related clinical sciences
- Mathematics and statistics
- Natural resources conservation and research
- Physical sciences
Candidates must also show the ability and intent to live and work in British Columbia. Proofs may include:
- The length of the previous or current period of residence in British Columbia
- Connections to the province through work, study or family
- A description of actions taken to find a job and place to live in British Columbia
- Community involvement in British Columbia
- Ability to support oneself and dependent family members
Find out about other BCINP streams in the article “Immigration to British Columbia”.