The great advantage of this BCINP category is that the applicant does not need to have work experience to submit the application.
To qualify for the Skills Immigration — International Graduate category, the applicant needs to meet the following requirements:
- Have completed a degree, diploma or certificate from an eligible post-secondary institution in Canada in the past 3 years. Diplomas and certificates from private institutions are not eligible. The program must have been at least 8 months
- Receive a full-time, indeterminate job offer from an employer in British Columbia. The job must be in a National Occupational Classification (NOC) skilled occupation (levels 0, A or B)
- Qualify to work in the occupation in British Columbia
- Have been offered a wage no lower than wage rates for similar occupations in British Columbia
- Show the ability to support oneself and dependent family members
- For those working in an occupation classified under NOC Skill Level B: demonstrate English or French language proficiency at Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 in each of the four competencies: listening, speaking, reading, and writing
Find out about other BCINP streams in the article “Immigration to British Columbia”.