Saskatchewan Experience — Semi-Skilled Agriculture Worker with Existing Work Permit Category

agricultureThose who have worked in the agricultural sector of Saskatchewan for at least 6 months with a valid work permit can get permanent residence under the provincial program’s category for agriculture workers.

The Semi-Skilled Agriculture Worker with Existing Work Permit category of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) offers permanent residency in Canada to agriculture workers who have work permits and who have worked no less than 6 months in the province.

To be able to immigrate through this category, the applicant must meet the following requirements:

  • Have a permanent full-time job offer from a Saskatchewan employer in the NOC occupations 8431 (general farm worker) or 8432 (nursery and greenhouse worker) 
  • Receive a SINP Job Approval Letter 
  • Have worked for more than 6 months for an employer in the province with a valid work permit issued by the IRCC. The job offer must be issued for the same position in which the candidate has been working for the last 6 months. The work permit must be for one of the following programs:

         — Seasonal Agriculture Worker Program

         — International Experience Canada

         — Temporary Foreign Worker Program

  • Have a minimum of high school education and an Educational Credential Assessment report
  • Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of 4 or higher

Find out about other SINP streams in the article “Immigration to Saskatchewan“.