The International Education — Graduate Internship pathway of the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) offers permanent residence permits to those who have obtained master’s and doctorate degrees in Manitoba and have completed an internship in the province.
Candidates who have obtained a master’s or doctorate degree at a Manitoba university and have completed a Mitacs Elevate or Accelerate internship can apply for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP), regardless of whether they have a job offer. However, before applying, candidates must attend an information session.
To immigrate through the International Education — Graduate Internship pathway, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have completed a master or doctorate degree program in Manitoba within the past 3 years
- Demonstrate English or French language proficiency at Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7
- Have completed a Mitacs Elevate or Accelerate internship
- Provide proof of settlement funds or have a full-time job in Manitoba
- Live in Manitoba at the time of application
- Show the intent to continue to reside in Manitoba after the nomination and submit a Career Employment Plan demonstrating opportunities for a successful career track in the province
Find out about other MPNP streams in the article “Immigration to Manitoba“.