The Alberta Express Entry Stream allows Alberta to select qualified candidates from the federal Express Entry system.
Only candidates who have received a notification of interest and have been asked to submit an application to the Alberta Express Entry Stream will be considered. Those are usually international graduates from Canadian post-secondary institutions and candidates who have demonstrated strong ties to Alberta or who can help support the province’s economic development.
AINP officials select candidates based on available profile information in the Express Entry system.
You may be eligible to receive a notification of interest and submit an application to the Alberta Express Entry Stream if you:
- Have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry system
- Meet the criteria of one of the federal immigration programs: Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Trades Program or Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta
- Are working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification
- Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300
The following factors may increase your chances to receive a notification of interest:
- You have an Alberta job offer or work experience in the province
- You have graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution
- You have a relative (a parent, child, brother or sister) who lives in Alberta and is a permanent resident or citizen of Canada
Several factors may decrease your chances to receive a notification of interest:
- Your Express Entry profile expires in 3 months or less
- Your occupation is on the list of High-wage and low-wage occupations or on the list of ineligible occupations under the Alberta Opportunity Stream
- Your occupation has a high volume of submissions across all AINP streams
Your Alberta Express Entry Stream application will not be accepted if you have an active nomination under another AINP stream or if you have received a letter on a previous AINP application stating that you have no right to re-apply during a certain period of time.
Find out about other AINP streams in the article “Immigration to Alberta”.